- Careers Wales
- Churchill House
- CF1 2HH
Careers Wales is the all age careers information, advice and guidance service for Wales.
Our Vision is to 'create a brighter future for the people of Wales' and our purpose is to:
- Support young people and adults in Wales to create brighter futures
- Give young people and adults access to high quality, impartial careers support
- Make a positive impact on individuals' education, economic and wellbeing outcomes
We have developed 4 strategic goals to help us achieve our vision:
- To provide a bilingual, inclusive, impartial careers guidance and coaching service for the people of Wales
- To develop our work with employers, training providers and entrepreneurs to understand their skills requirements and opportunities for young people and adults
- To support delivery of the Curriculum for Wales and contribute to the achievement of the four purposes
- To develop a skill, engaged and agile Careers Wales workforce and enable the delivery of high performing, customer centred services
Each secondary school in Wales is linked to a support team which includes a Careers Advisor, whose role is to work with pupils to provide impartial and appropriate careers information, advice and guidance, a Business Engagement Advisor to forge and broker links with employers and a CWRE Curriculum Co-ordinator who can support teachers and practioners to embed Careers and Work-Related Experiences (CWRE) within the curriculum.
We also have centres and outreach venues across Wales, a telephone helpline, webchat and email. Visit our website for further information on how to contact us and for further support and resources for teachers and practioners https://careerswales.gov.wales/