- Careers Wales
- Churchill House
- CF1 2HH
Careers Wales is the all age careers information, advice and guidance service for Wales.
Our Vision is to 'create a brighter future for the people of Wales' and our purpose is to:
- Support young people and adults in Wales to create brighter futures
- Give young people and adults access to high quality, impartial careers support
- Make a positive impact on individuals' education, economic and wellbeing outcomes
We have developed 4 strategic goals to help us achieve our vision:
- To provide a bilingual, inclusive, impartial careers guidance and coaching service for the people of Wales
- To develop our work with employers, training providers and entrepreneurs to understand their skills requirements and opportunities for young people and adults
- To support delivery of the Curriculum for Wales and contribute to the achievement of the four purposes
- To develop a skill, engaged and agile Careers Wales workforce and enable the delivery of high performing, customer centred services
Each secondary school in Wales is linked to a support team which includes a Careers Advisor, whose role is to work with pupils to provide impartial and appropriate careers information, advice and guidance, a Business Engagement Advisor to forge and broker links with employers and a CWRE Curriculum Co-ordinator who can support teachers and practioners to embed Careers and Work-Related Experiences (CWRE) within the curriculum.
We also have centres and outreach venues across Wales, a telephone helpline, webchat and email. Visit our website for further information on how to contact us and for further support and resources for teachers and practioners https://careerswales.gov.wales/
Careers Wales are offering an accredited Level 6 qualification in Careers Leadership for practitioners across Wales; this qualification provides training to support with planning, designing, and leading on CWRE. This provision has been endorsed by the National Academy of Educational Leadership Wales.
The certificate in Careers Leadership supports Schools as Learning Organisations and the Professional Standards for teaching and leadership:
- Pedagogy – designing a careers education programme that supports all learners to achieve their best outcomes
- Leadership – the careers leader empowers colleagues to develop a shared vison for realising CWRE in the CfW
- Professional Learning – develop skills, knowledge and understanding that will underpin the development of CWRE education
- Innovation – ensure CWRE education has maximum impact and can be progressive
- Collaboration –professionals can engage with other practitioners, both in their own and other schools, to develop knowledge and best practise
The qualification will be delivered digitally over three days and comprises the following QCF Level 6 units:
- Lead and manage career development work in an organisation
- Continuously improve career development work in an organisation
- Plan and design career-related learning programmes
Commencing in October 2021, we have 10 fully funded spaces available; this qualification is suitable for those who are new to a careers role or those who already have experience in a careers leadership role.
For further information, please visit https://careerswales.gov.wales/careers-professionals/careers-leadership-certificate