- Location: Cardiff, Cardiff, CF11 8TT
- Subject: Employer Engagement Officer
- Hours: Full Time
- Contract: Permanent
- Salary Type: Annually
- Salary Range: £24,500 - £24,500
- Language: English
- Closing Date: 14 May, 2023 10:54 AM
Employer Engagement Officer (South West Wales)
Itec Training Solutions Limited
Looking to join an Employee-Owned Company?
Apply today to join our employee ownership team and be part of shaping the future and people lives. Itec was founded 40 years ago, and we are one of the most vocationally diverse employee-owned independent training providers. Delivering Apprenticeships, Jobs Growth Wales +, Restart and Commercial contracts we provide qualifications, education and employability skills supporting the social and economic potential of the people and communities in which we work.
Employer Engagement Officer
The Employer Engagement officer will be expected to develop effective and sustained working relationships with employers to secure employment opportunities for participants. You will identify employment opportunities for participants whilst actively promoting the Restart scheme.
You will have responsibility for liaising with employers to source vacancies and opportunities as well as provide support for participants. Work collaboratively with other employer liaison functions both internally and externally to ensure a co-ordinated and strategic approach to developing and maintaining successful employer relations and opportunities for participants.
You will provide a flexible high-quality service working in partnership with Serco and will be expected to work as part of an integrated team.
Salary Banding: £24,500
Location: Southwest Wales
Contract type: Permanent
Working hours: 35 Hours a week, Monday to Friday 9.00am – 4.30pm
What are the core responsibilities of this role?
• Accountable for using a variety of sales, business development and marketing techniques to attract new business.
• Responsible for following up new business opportunities, arranging meetings, planning, and preparing presentations.
• To create business development and employer engagement plans and strategies.
• Work directly with key employers and recruitment agencies developing and building strong, sustainable partner relationships to ensure that Itec becomes the long-term partner of choice.
• Conduct market analysis, feedback and maintaining market and competitor knowledge.
• Work closely with the Marketing Executive to develop marketing strategies to generate new business and vacancy opportunities for our participants.
What skills and experience are we looking for from potential applicants?
• Experience within Recruitment, management and working in a target driven commercial environment.
• Client relationship management
• Networking skills, Presentation and report writing.
• Experience of cold calling
• Motivational and inspirational attitude and communication skills
• Full driving licence with use of own vehicle
• Ability to speak Welsh.
• Experience of working with unemployed adults.
This role is subject to a DBS check. The cost of the DBS check will be met by the company.
Why work for us?
Itec is one of the largest and most vocationally diverse work-based learning providers, every day we transform people’s lives, and we believe that all employees play a vital part in enabling us to achieve our vision. We are.
• Leading provider of work-based learning programmes for 40 years.
• Employee-Owned organisation
• Investors in People Gold
• Disability Confident Leader
• Living Wage Employer
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Being an employee owner as part of the EOT
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays and christmas shutdown.
• Annual bonus (subject to qualifying criteria)
• Life Assurance
• Personal development and career opportunities
• Employee Mental Health first aiders
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Medicash – Healthcare scheme
• Length of Service Payment Scheme
• Employee of Month Awards.
• Discounts on Gym Membership and fitness products discounts
• Travel expenses and business mileage
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Social & Charity Events
• Refer a Friend Payment Scheme
• NUS/ Totum discount card
Itec operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions, or trade union membership.
Itec reserve the right to close this vacancy sooner if a large number of suitable applications are received. Therefore, we encourage early applications to ensure consideration for this post.